The E2 is an investment visa that requires you either buy an existing business or start a new one. Our initial trips were done on a B1/B2 visa, which allows for a stay of up to 6 months, with a possible 6 month extension. This visa is rather easy to obtain (I wrote an article on that here).
How easy is it to get a E-2 visa?
The processing time for an E2 visa varies by Consulate anywhere from about two weeks to four months. After an initial review is completed, the Consulate will set up an interview with the applicant. If the E2 visa is approved, it may take up to a week for the visa itself to be issued.
Can E-2 visa be rejected?
Employees should cover an executive or managerial role in the U.S. business or should have essential skills not easily replaceable by U.S. workers. If the consular officer suspects that the employee’s role does not meet the requirements to be considered managerial or executive, the E-2 Visa application may be denied.
How much money is needed for E-2 visa?
Generally, the applicant should be prepared to invest at least $100,000 US dollars in the enterprise to have a good E2 visa case. The actual amount required will depend on the type of business the investor chooses. Investments less than $100,000 may potentially qualify for some low cost start-up businesses.
How do you qualify for E2?
To qualify for E-2 classification, the treaty investor must:
- Be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation;
- Have invested, or be actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise in the United States; and.
Can I buy a house with E-2 visa?
Can I buy a house or other real estate property in the U.S. and get an E-2 Visa? No. The business must be an “active” business. Passive investments like real-estate or investments into stock market does not qualify for E-2.
Can you work in USA with E-2 visa?
The E-2 Investor Visa allows an individual to enter and work in the United States based on an investment in a U.S. business. The E2 visa is valid for three months to five years (depending on the country of origin) and can be extended indefinitely.
What questions do they ask at E2 visa interview?
- Have you ever visited the U.S. before? …
- Do you have a home, vehicle, business, or family in your home country?
- What do you plan to do after your E-2 visa expires?
- What enterprise are you investing in for your E-2 visa?
- How do you plan to develop this enterprise?
How do I appeal an immigrant visa denial?
You do not have a right to appeal a denial of a non-immigrant visa by a U.S. consulate in your home country. However, you can ask the consulate about the basis for the denial. This likely will give you the information that you need to file a new application that will be approved.
How can I change my E2 visa to green card?
5 Ways To Convert An E2 Visa To A Green Card
- Get an EB-5 Green Card by investing more Money. …
- Get an EB-5 Green Card when you invest in a Regional Center Project. …
- Convert an E2 Visa to a Green Card when you are sponsored by an Employer. …
- Be Sponsored by a Family Member. …
- Create a new business outside the United States.
What businesses qualify for E2 visa?
Below is a list of some types of businesses that may qualify:
- Auto Repair Shop.
- Acoustic Booth Sales.
- Bike Share and Use Program.
- Book Illustrator.
- Cabinet Making and Distribution Business.
- Catering Company.
- Cleaning Company.
What are the benefits of E2 visa?
Top 6 Reasons for an E-2 Visa Investment
- You can work legally in the U.S. for a company that is the subject of your investment. …
- There is no minimum investment amount that is required. …
- Your spouse can work under an E-2 dependent visa. …
- Your children under 21 can attend a school of your choice with an E-2 dependent visa.
Can E-2 visa holder work for another company?
An E-2 visa holder is permitted to either partially or fully own other companies. You do not need another visa to own another company, but you cannot work at the company.
How many E2 visas are issued each year?
Fiscal year 2019 was the American E2 visa program’s third-best year on record; 43,286 individuals – citizens of one of the 83 E2 Treaty signatory countries – received long-term, non-immigrant visas in the United States through the scheme.
Is E2 a resident alien?
The E2 visa is a non-immigrant visa which prohibits the visa holder from having an intent to immigrate to the United States at the time the Visa is issued or used for entry. Accordingly, the E2 does not provide an individual with a direct pathway to permanent residency (a green card).
How long is E-2 visa valid?
E2 visas are valid for a period of five years and can be renewed with two-year extensions as long as you maintain the necessary qualifications. As it stands, there are no limits on the number of extensions you can take. Generally, there are two ways to file the extension of status.